Parts In The P.O. Box!

photo-encoder

Yesterday was jackpot day at the post office. Parts for the AD5X QSK mod to the Ameritron ALS-600 amp and the replacement encoder for my holey K2 along with the front-panel U3 were in my monthly mail forwarding bundle from the U.S.   Hoorah!

So, after some overdue brush-cutting this morning I plan to spend at least an hour or two in the workshop seeing if I can get this encoder to work with the K2. The Ameritron mod can wait a while. I'm also in the middle of refurb'ing an old Thinkpad X24 someone gave me. I found a used keyboard ($16!) and replaced same on this little PIII laptop and am putting the finishing touches to a dual-boot Linux install on it. I plan to dedicate it to the Softrock SDR / WebSDR server instead of the power-hungry desktop machine it runs on now.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Casey, great that all the stuff has come in all at once. Seems you are not going to be board anytime soon eh. Do post how the encoder works out for you as I remember you did not get the one from Elecraft, will be intrested how that turns out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mike,

    Yep, all sorts of projects on the shelf, hi! I'm just about done with replacing the encoder, but it was more challenging than I thought it would be. Tomorrow we have to go to San Jose so won't be able to get back to it until Saturday.

    73,

    Casey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment! 73, Casey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...